Capital goods stocks finished up 0.5% on Wall Street on Friday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.5%, the Nasdaq rose 0.6% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.5% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Lennox International (LII): LII stock is up 2.8% today.
- Standard Pacific LP (SPF): SPF stock is up 2.5% today.
- Ryland Group (RYL): RYL stock is up 2.4% today.
- Simon Property Group (SPG): SPG stock is up 2.3% today.
- John Bean Technologies Corp (JBT): JBT stock is up 2.1% today.
- Lennar Corp (LEN): LEN stock is up 2.0% today.
- NVR Inc (NVR): NVR stock is up 1.8% today.
- The Middleby Corp (MIDD): MIDD stock is up 1.8% today.
- Heico Cp Cl A (HEI.A): HEI.A stock is up 1.8% today.
- Fortune Brands Home & Security (FBHS): FBHS stock is up 1.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Terex Corp (TEX): TEX stock is down 1.6% today.
- Manitowoc Company (MTW): MTW stock is down 1.4% today.
- Joy Global Inc (JOY): JOY stock is down 1.4% today and down 26.5% in the last month.
- Colfax Corp (CFX): CFX stock is down 1.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Embraer-Empresa Brasileira De Aeronautica (ERJ): ERJ stock is down 1.3% today.
- Spirit Aerosystems Holdings (SPR): SPR stock is down 1.1% today.
- Astronics Corp (ATRO): ATRO stock is down 1.1% today.
- Deere & Company (DE): DE stock is down 1.0% today.
- Tenaris S.A. (TS): TS stock is down 1.0% today.
- USG Corp (USG): USG stock is down 0.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.