Consumer noncyclical stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.0%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 1.8%, the Nasdaq rose 2.3% and the S&P 500 pushed 1.8% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Estee Lauder Companies (EL): EL stock is up 2.5% today.
- Hormel Foods Corp (HRL): HRL stock is up 2.5% today.
- Sanderson Farms (SAFM): SAFM stock is up 2.2% today.
- Seaboard Corp (SEB): SEB stock is up 2.1% today.
- Starbucks Corp (SBUX): SBUX stock is up 2.0% today.
- Reynolds American Inc (RAI): RAI stock is up 1.8% today.
- Revlon Inc (REV): REV stock is up 1.7% today.
- Fomento Economico Mexicano S.A.B. De C.V (FMX): FMX stock is up 1.5% today.
- Brown Forman Inc B (BF.B): BF.B stock is up 1.4% today.
- Constellation Brands Inc (STZ): STZ stock is up 1.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Boston Beer Company (SAM): SAM stock is down 1.0% today.
- Church & Dwight Company (CHD): CHD stock is down 0.7% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Procter & Gamble Company (PG): PG stock is down 0.5% today.
- Industrias Bachoco S.A. De C.V (IBA): IBA stock is down 0.3% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated (COKE): COKE stock is down 0.2% today on 4 times normal volume.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.