Healthcare stocks fell 0.2% on Wall Street on Tuesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.3%, the Nasdaq was down 0.3% and the S&P 500 declined 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Medtronic Inc (MDT): MDT stock is up 2.4% today.
- Cantel Medical (CMN): CMN stock is up 1.3% today.
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ): JNJ stock is up 0.8% today.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (BMY): BMY stock is up 0.7% today.
- Stryker Corp (SYK): SYK stock is up 0.7% today.
- Edwards Lifesciences Corp (EW): EW stock is up 0.6% today.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc (TMO): TMO stock is up 0.4% today.
- Resmed Inc (RMD): RMD stock is up 0.4% today.
- Mckesson Corp (MCK): MCK stock is up 0.3% today.
- Steris Corp (STE): STE stock is up 0.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International (VRX): VRX stock is down 5.4% today and down 29.4% in the last month.
- Lannett Co Inc (LCI): LCI stock is down 3.7% today and down 21.6% in the last month.
- Acadia Pharmaceuticals Inc (ACAD): ACAD stock is down 2.9%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Fresenius Medical Care Corp (FMS): FMS stock is down 2.3% today.
- Puma Biotechnology (PBYI): PBYI stock is down 2.1% today and down 28.8% in the last month.
- Novo Nordisk A/S (NVO): NVO stock is down 2.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Universal Health Services (UHS): UHS stock is down 2.0% today.
- Emergent Biosolutions (EBS): EBS stock is down 1.7% today.
- Hca Holdings Inc. Common Stock (HCA): HCA stock is down 1.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Wellcare Group (WCG): WCG stock is down 1.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.