Technology stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.8%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.6% and the S&P 500 increased 0.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- Demandware Inc (DWRE): DWRE stock is up 3.5% today.
- Belden Inc (BDC): BDC stock is up 3.3% today.
- Energizer Holdings Inc (ENR): ENR stock is up 3.1% today.
- Kyocera Corp (KYO): KYO stock is up 2.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Au Optronics Corp (AUO): AUO stock is up 2.7% today and up 20.1% in the last month.
- Lexmark International (LXK): LXK stock is up 2.6% today.
- Wesco International (WCC): WCC stock is up 2.6% today.
- Pandora Media Inc (P): P stock is up 2.4% today.
- Gamestop Corp (GME): GME stock is up 2.3% today.
- Wipro Ltd (WIT): WIT stock is up 2.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- Verifone Systems (PAY): PAY stock is down 0.8% today.
- Mindray Medical International Ltd (MR): MR stock is down 0.6% today.
- Advanced Semiconductor Engineering (ASX): ASX stock is down 0.5% today.
- Alere Inc (ALR): ALR stock is down 0.3% today.
- Bio-Rad Laboratories (BIO): BIO stock is down 0.2% today.
- Vantiv Inc (VNTV): VNTV stock is down 0.2% today.
- Hexcel Corp (HXL): HXL stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.