Technology stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Friday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.5%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.5%, the Nasdaq rose 0.6% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.5% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- Imperva Inc (IMPV): IMPV stock is up 4.0% today.
- Mettler-Toledo International (MTD): MTD stock is up 3.0% today.
- M/A-Com Technology Solutions Ho (MTSI): MTSI stock is up 3.0% today.
- Logitech International S.A. (LOGI): LOGI stock is up 2.9% today on 2 times normal volume.
- EMC Corp (EMC): EMC stock is up 2.9% today.
- Marcus & Millichap (MMI): MMI stock is up 2.7% today.
- SS&C Technologies Holdings (SSNC): SSNC stock is up 2.4% today.
- Atmel Corp (ATML): ATML stock is up 2.2% today.
- Integrated Device Technology (IDTI): IDTI stock is up 2.2% today.
- The Ultimate Software Group (ULTI): ULTI stock is up 2.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- Ambarella Inc (AMBA): AMBA stock is down 8.2% today and down 26.5% in the last month.
- Micron Technology (MU): MU stock is down 2.3% today.
- Ciena Corp (CIEN): CIEN stock is down 2.2% today.
- Knowles Corporation Common Stoc (KN): KN stock is down 2.2% today.
- Viavi Solutions Inc (VIAV): VIAV stock is down 2.2% today.
- Canadian Solar Inc (CSIQ): CSIQ stock is down 2.1% today and down 24.3% in the last month.
- Franklin Electric Co (FELE): FELE stock is down 1.7% today.
- Amkor Technology (AMKR): AMKR stock is down 1.7% today.
- Universal Display Corp (OLED): OLED stock is down 1.6% today.
- Cae Inc (CAE): CAE stock is down 1.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.