Technology stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.0%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 1.0%, the Nasdaq increased 1.2% and the S&P 500 climbed 1.0%.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- Tower Semiconductor Ltd (TSEM): TSEM stock is up 10.6% today.
- Semiconductor Manufacturing International (SMI): SMI stock is up 3.9% today.
- Solera Holdings (SLH): SLH stock is up 3.4% today.
- Canon Inc (CAJ): CAJ stock is up 3.1% today.
- Methode Electronics (MEI): MEI stock is up 2.8% today.
- Kyocera Corp (KYO): KYO stock is up 2.9% today.
- Arm Holdings Plc (ARMH): ARMH stock is up 2.7% today.
- Synchronoss Technologies (SNCR): SNCR stock is up 2.7% today.
- Vmware Inc (VMW): VMW stock is up 2.2% today.
- Taser International (TASR): TASR stock is up 2.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- Ambarella Inc (AMBA): AMBA stock is down 12.3% today and down 27.7% in the last month.
- Himax Technologies (HIMX): HIMX stock is down 3.0% today.
- Bitauto Holdings Ltd (BITA): BITA stock is down 1.3% today and down 23.6% in the last month.
- 21Vianet Group Inc (VNET): VNET stock is down 1.3% today.
- Super Micro Computer (SMCI): SMCI stock is down 1.1% today.
- Sohu.Com Inc (SOHU): SOHU stock is down 1.3% today.
- Web.Com Group Inc (WWWW): WWWW stock is down 0.7% today.
- Viavi Solutions Inc (VIAV): VIAV stock is down 0.6% today.
- On Semiconductor Corp (ON): ON stock is down 0.4% today.
- Power Integrations (POWI): POWI stock is down 0.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.