Utilities stocks advanced 0.4% on Wall Street on Thursday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.3%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.4% higher and the S&P 500 rose 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Huaneng Power Intl (HNP): HNP stock is up 3.0% today.
- Korea Electric Power Corp (KEP): KEP stock is up 2.8% today.
- Cheniere Energy (LNG): LNG stock is up 1.5% today.
- Dynegy Inc (DYN): DYN stock is up 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Mge Energy Inc (MGEE): MGEE stock is up 1.6% today.
- Western Gas Partners LP (WES): WES stock is up 0.8% today.
- Public Service Enterprise Group Inc (PEG): PEG stock is up 1.0% today.
- National Grid Transco Plc (NGG): NGG stock is up 1.0% today.
- Enbridge Inc (ENB): ENB stock is up 0.8% today.
- PPL Corp (PPL): PPL stock is up 0.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Cia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado (SBS): SBS stock is down 3.2% today.
- Exterran Partners L.P. (EXLP): EXLP stock is down 2.9% today.
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is down 1.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Cpfl Energia S.A. (CPL): CPL stock is down 1.0% today and down 21.4% in the last month.
- Terraform Power Inc (TERP): TERP stock is down 0.8% today.
- Comp En De Mn Cemig Ads (CIG): CIG stock is down 1.5% today and down 28.6% in the last month.
- Targa Resources (TRGP): TRGP stock is down 0.3% today.
- Enersis S A (ENI): ENI stock is down 0.7% today.
- Empresa Nacional De Electricidad S.A. (EOC): EOC stock is down 0.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.