Utilities stocks declined 0.3% on Wall Street on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.8%, the Nasdaq rose 0.6% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.8% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Cheniere Energy (LNG): LNG stock is up 4.9%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Spectra Energy Partners LP (SEP): SEP stock is up 3.7% today.
- Energy Transfer Partners (ETP): ETP stock is up 3.7% today.
- Western Gas Partners LP (WES): WES stock is up 3.2% today.
- Transalta Corp (TAC): TAC stock is up 3.2% today.
- Enbridge Inc (ENB): ENB stock is up 2.7%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Otter Tail Corp (OTTR): OTTR stock is up 2.6% today.
- Transcananda Pipelines (TRP): TRP stock is up 2.3% today.
- Spectra Energy Corp (SE): SE stock is up 2.3% today.
- Huaneng Power Intl (HNP): HNP stock is up 2.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- NRG Energy (NRG): NRG stock is down 2.5% today.
- PPL Corp (PPL): PPL stock is down 1.4% today.
- Public Service Enterprise Group Inc (PEG): PEG stock is down 1.3% today.
- American Electric Power Company (AEP): AEP stock is down 1.1% today.
- Itc Holdings (ITC): ITC stock is down 1.1% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Duke Energy Corp (DUK): DUK stock is down 0.6% today.
- Southwest Gas Corp (SWX): SWX stock is down 0.6% today.
- Alliant Energy Corp (LNT): LNT stock is down 0.5% today.
- Firstenergy Corp (FE): FE stock is down 0.5% today.
- Dte Energy Company (DTE): DTE stock is down 0.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.