Utilities stocks declined broadly on Wall Street on Thursday morning, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.2%, the Nasdaq fell 0.7% and the S&P 500 declined 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Terraform Power Inc (TERP): TERP stock is up 5.5% today.
- Transalta Corp (TAC): TAC stock is up 2.9% today.
- Enbridge Inc (ENB): ENB stock is up 2.8% today.
- Cia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado (SBS): SBS stock is up 2.3% today.
- Boardwalk Pipeline Partners L.P. (BWP): BWP stock is up 3.1% today.
- Dcp Midstream Partners LP (DPM): DPM stock is up 2.3% today.
- Targa Resources (TRGP): TRGP stock is up 2.0% today.
- Brookfield Infrastructure Partners LP (BIP): BIP stock is up 1.8% today.
- Transcananda Pipelines (TRP): TRP stock is up 1.9% today.
- Enterprise Products Partners L.P. (EPD): EPD stock is up 2.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Uil Holdings Corp (UIL): UIL stock is down 1.1% today.
- Comp En De Mn Cemig Ads (CIG): CIG stock is down 0.6% today.
- Mge Energy Inc (MGEE): MGEE stock is down 1.0% today.
- Westar Energy (WR): WR stock is down 0.8% today.
- Edison International (EIX): EIX stock is down 0.7% today.
- Avista Corp (AVA): AVA stock is down 0.6% today.
- Portland General Electric Company (POR): POR stock is down 0.6% today.
- South Jersey Industries (SJI): SJI stock is down 0.4% today.
- Agl Resources (GAS): GAS stock is down 0.6% today.
- Duke Energy Corp (DUK): DUK stock is down 0.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.