The introduction of Amazon Books comes 20 years after the online retailer started selling publications online. The store will obviously be selling books, but it will also act as a showroom for prodcuts. This includes the various books in it and the company’s own mobile devices, reports CNBC.
“We’re completely focused on this bookstore,” Jennifer Cast, vice president of Amazon Books, told Wired. “We hope this is not our only one. But we’ll see.”
Here are a few things to know about Amazon Books, as collected from CNBC.
- The store is located in Seattle, Wash.
- It contains different 6,000 titles.
- The store will be open every day of the year, but not for Thanksgiving or Christmas.
- Books sold in the store will have a review and rating from an Amazon customer attached to them.
- The titles added to the store are based on online customer reviews.
To learn more about Amazon Books, click here.
More From InvestorPlace: