According to VTech, the data breach occurred on Nov. 14, 2015 and the company immediately conducted an investigation into the matter after it was discovered on Nov. 24, 2015. It’ also increased its security to prevent further data from possibly being stolen.
Here’s a few things that users of the service should know about the VTech data breach.
- It may include customer information, such as “name, email address, encrypted password, secret question and answer for password retrieval, IP address, mailing address and download history.”
- The data breach doesn’t include any customer credit or debt card information.
- The app store also doesn’t store personal ID information, including Social Security Numbers, driving license numbers and more.
- The data breach affects roughly 5 million accounts.
- Learning Lodge has been suspended as the investigation into the matter continues.
More From InvestorPlace:
- Is the Under Armour Stock Split a Raw Deal for UA Owners?
- Grab These 1% Stocks while They Are Cheap
- 5 Boom or Bust Energy Stocks to Buy