Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) has announced its own YouTube-like service called “Amazon Video Direct” that launched today.
- It allows content providers to publish their videos through the company.
- Videos published can be limited to Prime Video, rented, bought or shown for free with ads.
- Content creators can publish videos in any area where Prime Video is available.
- Amazon will pay creators based on hours streamed and can earn bonuses based on customer interaction.
- Amazon Video Direct. can be used by all Amazon customers.
- A share of $1 million a month will be split between top content creators based on engagement with customers.
More From InvestorPlace:
- 8 Great Stocks to Buy Now to Trump the Summer Slump
- 7 Blue Chips That Are Getting Ugly in a Hurry
- Hillary Clinton vs. Donald Trump – Which Stocks Win?