Netflix, Inc. (NASDAQ:NFLX) has launched a Netflix VR app.
- The app exists for the Google Daydream View virtual reality headset for the time being. It may soon be made available to other VR headsets and equipment.
- Netflix VR is the name of the app and it is available on the Google Play online store.
- It is only available for iOS and Android for the time being.
- You need a smartphone or other smart device to launch the product. Perhaps the company will eventually release a controller that allows you to go through your movies and TV shows while using the headset.
- There is no Netflix offline help for now.
- The service is very similar from the regular online streaming app.
- However, instead of the regular welcome screen created to choose your movies and TV shows, the service puts you in a digital version of a living room inside a cabin.
- You can look around the room that has red chairs, a sofa and some lamps. You can then choose from movies or digital TV offerings.
- The design is not as user-friendly as those who tested it had hoped. It is not intuitive enough for users to understand exactly how to operate it.
NFLX stock is down 0.1% Monday, now selling at around $122.74 per share of the company..
More From InvestorPlace
- The 7 WORST Stocks to Buy for 2017
- 7 Bank Stocks That Will Crush the Market in 2017
- The 10 Biggest Stock Market Failures of 2016