Davos 2017 is starting today and InvestorPlace has a few things to know about this year’s World Economic Forum.
- Davos 2017 starts today and will last through Jan. 20, 2017, which is this Friday.
- The event is held in Davos-Klosters, Switzerland.
- It has leaders of the business and political world coming together to discuss plans for the future.
- Xi Jinping, President of the People’s Republic of China, gave the Opening Plenary of our Annual Meeting in Davos speech.
- Anthony Scaramucci, an advisor to President-elect Donald Trump, is speaking at the conference this year about America’s priorities.
- Outgoing U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry is also at the event speaking about the end of President Obama’s administration and future diplomacy.
- Another of the major discussions taking place at Davos 2017 concerns the possibility of an upcoming fourth industrial revolution.
- This includes quantum computing, 3D-printing, nanotechnology, the Internet of Things, artificial intelligence and other technologies that may change every day life.
- Corruption is also being talked about at Davos 2017 with the discussion surrounding it being how to stop it from happening.
- Several celebrities are also making appearances at this year’s World Economic Forum.
- The musician Shakira is one of the celebrities at the event and she is speaking as the Global Ambassador of Unicef.
- Actor Matt Damon is also there to speak about his efforts with water.org, which is a charity dedicated to bringing clean water to those without access to it.
You can follow this link to see more about the ongoing Davos 2017 World Economic Forum.