The Ford Shelby GT500 specs are out and it’s the most powerful car in the company’s history.
Here’s what to know about the new super car from Ford (NYSE:F).
- The Ford Shelby GT500 is sporting a 5.2-liter V8 engine with 650 horsepower and 625 pound-foot of torque.
- The lets the super car go from 0 mph to 60 mph in the mid three second range.
- The company also says that the Ford Shelby GT500 is able to reach 100 mph from a standstill in just 10.6 seconds.
- It also allows it to complete a quarter-mile run in under 11 seconds.
- The vehicle features a hood vent and six heat exchangers for heavy airflow.
- It’s a also sporting a dual-clutch transmission that allows for faster shifting than a normal manual.
- There’s also a rotary shift knob in the car for switching between Park, Reverse, Neutral and Drive.
- The Ford Shelby GT500 will be available in three colors: Rapid Red, Twister Orange, and Iconic Silver.
- It also has a fair amount of carbon fiber, including the spoiler, as well as the area around the gauges on the interior.
- However, we don’t yet know what price customers will have to pay for the vehicle.
- What we do know is that customers won’t be able to purchase the Ford Shelby GT500 until 2020.
As of this writing, William White did not hold a position in any of the aforementioned securities.