Palantir Technologies, an American big data company, may be eyeing an IPO in the near future.
Here’s what we know so far about the possible Palantir Technologies IPO plans.
- Recent reports from Bloomberg claim the company is preparing an S-1 filing to submit to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
- According to the reports, Palantir Technologies will file this with the SEC privately.
- The unnamed sources behind these rumors say that a valuation of the company has yet to be set.
- However, we do know that private investors last valued the company at $20 billion in 2015.
- They also note that the company is currently working to reorganize its capital structure before the IPO takes place.
- The date for the IPO is also unknown, but the reports claim the company may be seeking to go public sometime this fall.
- It’s worth noting that Palantir Technologies CEO Alex Karp has discussed an IPO recently.
- Two weeks ago he stated that the company wanted people to “see the robustness of our company internally and externally” before an IPO.
- Palantir Technologies seeking an IPO is another sign that investors are looking at a recovering market.
- During the novel coronavirus outbreak, markets were hit hard and IPOs halted.
- However, a few IPOs have occurred since then.
- Two of the more recent ones are Vroom (NASDAQ:VRM) and Warner Music Group (NASDAQ:WMG).
- Other IPO news for today also includes Quicken Loans potentially preparing for an IPO.
As of this writing, William White did not hold a position in any of the aforementioned securities.