Cloudera (NYSE:CLDR) stock is getting a major boost on Tuesday after a deal was announced to take the enterprise data cloud company private.
Here’s everything investors in CLDR stock need to know about the buyout offer for the company.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice and KKR are planning to take the company private.
- This has the two comapnies offering up $5.3 billion to do this.
- That would result in shareholders of CLDR stock getting a payout of $16 per share in cash.
- That represents a 24% premium to the stock’s closing price on Friday.
- It’s also a 30% premium over the stock’s 30-day volume weighted average share price.
- KKR is using its North American private equity funds for this transaction.
- This has it adding to the large swatch of tech companies that it controls.
- That includes the likes of GoDaddy, Internet Brands, Epicor, BMC, Optiv, Calabrio, Corel and 1-800 Contacts.
- In the case of Clayton, Dubilier & Rice, it owns tech companies Epicor, Capco, m2gen, Sirius Computer Solutions, and TRANZACT.
- The Board of Directors of Cloudera have already given their unanimous support for the buyout deal.
- They are adivising shareholders of CLDR stock to vote in favor of the agreement.
- The deal still needs to complete other customary closing conditions before it’s complete.
- That includes getting approval from regualtors.
- So long as there are no hiccups along the way, the deal to take Cloudera private is set to close in the second half of 2021.
- CLDR stock is seeing heavy trading on today’s news.
- As of this writing, more than 36 million shares of the stock have changed hands.
- That’s a massive increase over its daily average trading volume of roughly 4 million shares.
CLDR stock was up 23.6% as of Tuesday morning.
Investors in search of other major stock market news can keep reading.
We’ve got all the latest stock coverage at InvestorPlace that you need to know about. That includes what has Reddit meme stocks moving today, what to know as SoFi shares start trading, as well as what has EV stocks on the rise. Learn all about these topics at the following links.
More Tuesday Stock Market News
- Meme Stocks: Why Reddit Favorites AMC, SNDL, BB and GME Are Moving Today
- SOFI Stock: 11 Things to Know as Fintech Play SoFi Starts Trading Today
- Chinese EV Stocks: Why LI, XPEV and NIO Stocks Are Revving Up Today
On the date of publication, William White did not have (either directly or indirectly) any positions in the securities mentioned in this article. The opinions expressed in this article are those of the writer, subject to the InvestorPlace.com Publishing Guidelines.