Marin Software (NASDAQ:MRIN) stock is taking a beating on Thursday following rallying prices over the last couple of days.
The interest in MRIN stock is mostly coming from retail investors pumping up the stock. These types of movement typically end in the stock falling after the traders take their profits and run. That appears to be what’s happening today.
It’s worth pointing out that MRIN is in the penny stock territory. That means it’s easier for retail traders to manipulate. In turn, traders will want to be careful before taking a position in the company due to this.
With all of that said, let’s take a look at what potential investors in MRIN stock need to know about the company below!
- Marin Software is an online advertising management solutions company.
- It offers advertisers “higher efficiency and transparency in their paid marketing programs.”
- The company does so through its SaaS ad management platform.
- This covers search, social, and eCommerce advertising.
- The goal is to assist digital marketers with converting ‘precise audiences, improve financial performance, and make better decisions.”
- Marin Software is headquartered in San Francisco, Calif., and was founded in 2006.
- The company went public on March 22, 2013.
- Chris Lien leads Marin Software as the company’s founder, chairman, and CEO.
- MRIN stock trading is low today with only about 5 million shares moving as of this writing.
- For comparison, the company’s daily average trading volume is 23.7 million shares.
MRIN stock was down 5.6% as of Thursday morning but is up 359.8% since the start of the year.
Investors looking for more stock market news today will want to stick around!
InvestorPlace has all the latest stock news that traders need to know about. For example, we’ve got today’s news concerning Second Sight Medical Products (NASDAQ:EYES), what to expect from the market, as well as Elon Musk’s revelations during the B Word Conference. You can check all of this out at the following links!
More Stock Market News for Thursday
- EYES Stock: The Artificial Vision News That Has Investors Looking at Second Sight
- What Will the Stock Market Do Today? 3 Big Stories to Watch.
- 3 Crypto Revelations From Elon Musk at the ‘B Word’ Bitcoin Conference
On the date of publication, William White did not have (either directly or indirectly) any positions in the securities mentioned in this article. The opinions expressed in this article are those of the writer, subject to the InvestorPlace.com Publishing Guidelines.
With only the rarest exceptions, InvestorPlace does not publish commentary about companies that have a market cap of less than $100 million or trade less than 100,000 shares each day. That’s because these “penny stocks” are frequently the playground for scam artists and market manipulators. If we ever do publish commentary on a low-volume stock that may be affected by our commentary, we demand that InvestorPlace.com’s writers disclose this fact and warn readers of the risks. Read More: Penny Stocks — How to Profit Without Getting Scammed