Facebook (NASDAQ:FB) announced major plans today that have some investors asking “what is the metaverse?”
Let’s dive into that news below to give investors an idea of what the metaverse is all about.
- First off, the metaverse is a planned online presence that allows users greater control over their interactions.
- Facebook claims that this has the “potential to help unlock access to new creative, social and economic opportunities.”
- It’s worth noting that the metaverse won’t be owned by a single company.
- Instead, it’s a virtual space that many companies, groups, and organizations will take part in.
- Facebook says that it will need to make significant investments in talent to meet its metaverse goals.
- As a result, the company is planning to create 10,000 jobs.
- These jobs are going to be available in the European Union over the next five years.
- The tech giant points to Europe as the place to develop the metaverse for a few reasons.
- That includes the recent technological advancements coming out of the area.
- Among that is the development of the first mRNA vaccine, as well as Sweden’s push to become the first cashless society by 2023.
- Facebook also notes that this will have it working with governments and policymakers on the development of the metaverse.
- The company says its need for “highly specialized engineers,” is one of its “most pressing priorities.”
Facebook’s metaverse announcement has shares of FB stock moving higher today. As of Monday morning, the stock was up 2%.
Investors looking for more recent stock market news will want to keep reading!
InvestorPlace has all the news that traders need to know about today. Among that are details concerning the Nxt-ID (NASDAQ:NXTD) reverse stock split, this morning’s pre-market stock movers, as well as the latest happenings from Vinco Ventures (NASDAQ:BBIG).
More Recent Stock Market News
- NXTD Stock: The Reverse Stock Split News That Has Nxt-ID Tumbling This Morning
- Today’s Biggest Pre-Market Stock Movers: 10 Top Gainers and Losers on Monday
- Vinco Ventures Gained 70% This Week. What Comes Next for BBIG Stock?
On the date of publication, William White did not have (either directly or indirectly) any positions in the securities mentioned in this article. The opinions expressed in this article are those of the writer, subject to the InvestorPlace.com Publishing Guidelines.