Burger King Worldwide (NYSE:BKW) is celebrating fall by launching new limited-time-only menu choices. Like its arch rival, McDonald’s (NYSE:MCD), the burger chain is diverting its attention from beef to chicken.
Here’s a snapshot of the new menu items:
- Italian Basil Chicken Sandwich: This sandwich is prepared with crispy or grilled white meat chicken breast, melted mozzarella cheese, lettuce and tomatoes, complete with a creamy Italian basil sauce, all on a toasted, “artisan-style” wheat bun.
- Italian Basil Chicken Wrap: A flour tortilla filled with crispy or grilled white meat chicken breast, lettuce and tomatoes, complete with an Italian basil sauce.
- Chicken Parmesan Sandwich: This new sandwich is prepared with crispy or grilled white meat chicken breast, mozzarella and shaved Parmesan cheeses, complete with a tangy marinara sauce, all on an artisan-style bun.
- Garden Fresh Salad Wraps: The wrap is Burger King’s Garden Fresh Salad wrapped in a whole wheat tortilla. Customers can choose between BLT, Apple & Cranberry or classic Caesar varieties.
- Popcorn Chicken: The new menu item features bite-size pieces of white meat chicken breast with a seasoned crunch. Three sizes and eight dipping sauces are available.
- Raspberry Real Fruit Smoothie: Burger King says its new smoothie is blended fresh to order with real raspberries, fruit juice and low-fat yogurt, and provides a full serving of fruit.
- Italian Breakfast Burrito: The Italian Breakfast Burrito is the only breakfast item among the newbies. Ingredients include scrambled eggs, sausage, hash browns, melted mozzarella cheese, diced onions and peppers, and tangy marinara sauce all wrapped up in a soft whole wheat tortilla.
The new items are currently available at participating U.S. Burger King restaurants.