Sponsored By:

Home-Brew Your Own Housing Fund

Buy these 5 stocks to make a diversified play on the recovery

      View All  

Technology: Hubbell

Hubbell185 Home Brew Your Own Housing FundIf you do a quick search of Progress Lighting products carried at Home Depot, you’ll get a list of 2,789 lamps and other lighting products available for sale. Progress is a division of Hubbell (NYSE:HUB.B), a Connecticut-based company specializing in the manufacture of electrical and electronic products for a broad range of non-residential and residential construction.

Hubbell’s lighting products business (which includes 15 brands, including Progress) is part of its electrical segment, which accounts for approximately 70% of overall revenue, with the remaining 30% from products related to the transmission of power.

While not growing revenue faster than 7% a year over the past decade, Hubbell has been able to grow operating income by 13% at the same time, leading to a total annual return for shareholders of 10.1% — 390 basis points higher than the S&P 500.

Slow and steady wins this race.


Article printed from InvestorPlace Media, http://investorplace.com/2012/11/home-brew-your-own-housing-fund/.

©2014 InvestorPlace Media, LLC

Comments are currently unavailable. Please check back soon.