Technology stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street on Friday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.6%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.2%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.4% higher and the S&P 500 rose 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- Teletech Holdings (TTEC): TTEC stock is up 3.3% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Echostar Corp (SATS): SATS stock is up 3.1% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Mindray Medical International Limited (MR): MR stock is up 3.0% today.
- Plantronics (PLT): PLT stock is up 2.9% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Take-Two Interactive Software (TTWO): TTWO stock is up 2.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- CGI Group (GIB): GIB stock is up 2.5% today.
- Fei Company (FEIC): FEIC stock is up 2.5% today.
- Igate Corp (IGTE): IGTE stock is up 2.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- NCR Corp (NCR): NCR stock is up 2.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Garmin Ltd (GRMN): GRMN stock is up 2.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- Rackspace Hosting Inc (RAX): RAX stock is down 7.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Super Micro Computer (SMCI): SMCI stock is down 3.0% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Methode Electronics (MEI): MEI stock is down 2.4% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Proto Labs Inc (PRLB): PRLB stock is down 1.9% today.
- Triquint Semiconductor (TQNT): TQNT stock is down 1.7% today.
- Teradata Corp (TDC): TDC stock is down 1.5%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Grubhub Inc. (GRUB): GRUB stock is down 1.3% today on 2 times normal volume.
- RF Micro Devices (RFMD): RFMD stock is down 1.3% today.
- Gt Advanced Technologies Inc (GTAT): GTAT stock is down 1.2% today.
- Marvell Technology Group (MRVL): MRVL stock is down 1.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.