Basic materials stocks advanced 0.2% on Wall Street on Tuesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.3% higher, the Nasdaq increased 0.3% and the S&P 500 was up 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is up 6.0% today.
- Domtar Corp (UFS): UFS stock is up 5.4% today.
- AK Steel Holding Corp (AKS): AKS stock is up 1.6% today and up 24.5% in the last month.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is up 1.7% today.
- Kapstone Paper and Packaging Corp (KS): KS stock is up 1.4% today.
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is up 1.5% today.
- Green Plains Renewable Energy (GPRE): GPRE stock is up 1.3% today.
- Simpson Manufacturing Company (SSD): SSD stock is up 1.2% today.
- Raven Industries (RAVN): RAVN stock is up 1.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Cf Industries Holdings (CF): CF stock is up 1.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Bhp Billiton Plc (BBL): BBL stock is down 5.7% today.
- Bhp Billiton Limited (BHP): BHP stock is down 3.4% today.
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is down 2.2% today.
- Rio Tinto Plc (RIO): RIO stock is down 1.5% today.
- Cliffs Natural Resources Inc (CLF): CLF stock is down 1.5% today.
- Mrc Global Inc (MRC): MRC stock is down 1.4% today.
- Copene-Petroquimica Do Nordeste (BAK): BAK stock is down 1.0% today.
- Southern Peru Copper Corp (SCCO): SCCO stock is down 1.0% today.
- Cvr Partners LP Common Units R (UAN): UAN stock is down 0.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is down 0.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.