The United Services Automobile Association (USAA), which provides insurance and other financial services to military members and their families, has unveiled its annual list of the best value cars.
Vehicles on the list have been rated by the USAA, weighing cost, safety and reliability, among other metrics.
The company designates high-rating vehicles as USAA Preferred. Roughly 80 cars, minivans and trucks fall under that heading.
The Best Value List compiles the top scoring vehicles from different categories.
This year’s list includes vehicles from top automakers including General Motors (NYSE:GM), Ford (NYSE:F), Toyota (NYSE:TM), Nissan (PINK:NASNY), Honda (NYSE:HMC), Volkswagen (PINK:VLKAY), Volvo (PINK:VOLVY), Kia (PINK:KIMTF) and Hyundai (PINK:HYMTF).
Here is USAA’s list of Best Value Vehicles for 2012:
- Large Sedan: Dodge Charger
- Midsize Sedan: Toyota Camry Hybrid
- Small Sedan: Hyundai Elantra
- Large Luxury Sedan: Hyundai Genesis
- Midsize Luxury Sedan: Volvo S60
- Large SUV: Chevrolet Traverse
- Midsize SUV: Dodge Journey
- Small SUV: Kia Sportage
- Large Luxury SUV: Audi Q7
- Midsize Luxury SUV: Lexus RX 450h
- Large Pickup: Toyota Tundra 2WD
- Small Pickup: Nissan Frontier
- Sports: Ford Mustang
- Coupe: Honda CR-Z (hybrid)
- Wagon: Nissan Juke
- Minivan: Dodge Caravan
To read more about the list, please click here.