Capital goods stocks declined broadly 1.4% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 1.1%, the Nasdaq was down 0.9% and the S&P 500 fell 1.1%.
Only one stock in the capital goods sectors showed gains:
- Lindsay Corp (LNN): LNN stock is up 0.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Caesarstone Sdot-Yam Ltd (CSTE): CSTE stock is down 5.9% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Manitowoc Company (MTW): MTW stock is down 4.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Martin Marietta Materials (MLM): MLM stock is down 4.5% today.
- KB Home (KBH): KBH stock is down 4.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Texas Industries (TXI): TXI stock is down 4.1% today.
- USG Corp (USG): USG stock is down 4.1% today.
- Eagle Materials Inc (EXP): EXP stock is down 3.9% today.
- Mastec Inc (MTZ): MTZ stock is down 3.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Vulcan Materials Company (VMC): VMC stock is down 3.6% today.
- Fortune Brands Home & Security (FBHS): FBHS stock is down 3.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.