Basic materials stocks finished down broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 1.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 1.2%, the Nasdaq declined 2.7% and the S&P 500 fell 1.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Allegheny Technologies Inc (ATI): ATI stock is up 2.1% to a new 52-week high of $38.77.
- Stillwater Mining Company (SWC): SWC stock is up 1.8%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is up 1.2% today.
- Cameco Corp (CCJ): CCJ stock is up 1.1%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is up 0.8%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Pohang Iron & Steel Co. (PKX): PKX stock is up 0.7% today.
- Randgold Resources Limited (GOLD): GOLD stock is up 0.5% today.
- Bhp Billiton Plc (BBL): BBL stock is up 0.5%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Bhp Billiton Limited (BHP): BHP stock is up 0.4% today.
- Southern Peru Copper Corp (SCCO): SCCO stock is up 0.3%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- H. B. Fuller Company (FUL): FUL stock is down 3.3% today.
- Green Plains Renewable Energy (GPRE): GPRE stock is down 3.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Murphy USA Inc. Common Stock Wh (MUSA): MUSA stock is down 2.6% today.
- Schweitzer-Mauduit International (SWM): SWM stock is down 2.6% today.
- Berry Plastics Group Inc (BERY): BERY stock is down 2.4% today.
- Raven Industries (RAVN): RAVN stock is down 2.4% today.
- Sealed Air Corp (SEE): SEE stock is down 2.4% today.
- Mueller Water Products (MWA): MWA stock is down 2.2% today.
- Graphic Packaging Holding Company (GPK): GPK stock is down 2.0% today.
- Dover Corp (DOV): DOV stock is down 2.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.