Utilities stocks declined broadly on Wall Street so far on Friday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.6%, the Nasdaq declined 0.3% and the S&P 500 fell 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Public Service Enterprise Group Inc (PEG): PEG stock is up 2.6% today.
- Atlas Energy Llc (ATLS): ATLS stock is up 0.8% today.
- Boardwalk Pipeline Partners L.P. (BWP): BWP stock is up 1.4% today.
- Ameren Corp (AEE): AEE stock is up 0.7% today.
- National Grid Transco Plc (NGG): NGG stock is up 0.6% today.
- Williams Partners L.P. (WPZ): WPZ stock is up 0.7% today.
- Mdu Res Group Inc (MDU): MDU stock is up 0.2% today.
- Itc Holdings (ITC): ITC stock is up 0.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Genesis Healthcare Inc. (GEN): GEN stock is down 5.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is down 3.7% today.
- Cpfl Energia S.A. (CPL): CPL stock is down 3.0% today.
- Cheniere Energy (LNG): LNG stock is down 1.6% today.
- Cia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado (SBS): SBS stock is down 1.7% today.
- Companhia Paranaense De Energia (ELP): ELP stock is down 1.8% today.
- Comp En De Mn Cemig Ads (CIG): CIG stock is down 1.6% today.
- El Paso Electric Company (EE): EE stock is down 1.8% today.
- Firstenergy Corp (FE): FE stock is down 1.1% today.
- Hawaiian Electric Industries (HE): HE stock is down 1.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.