Utilities stocks finished up 0.6% on Wall Street on Tuesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.4%, the Nasdaq was down 0.5% and the S&P 500 fell 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Public Service Enterprise Group Inc (PEG): PEG stock is up 2.4% today.
- Sempra Energy (SRE): SRE stock is up 1.4% today.
- Idacorp Inc (IDA): IDA stock is up 1.3% today.
- Northwestern Corp (NWE): NWE stock is up 1.3% today.
- Avista Corp (AVA): AVA stock is up 1.2% today.
- Piedmont Natural Gas Company (PNY): PNY stock is up 1.1% today.
- Wisconsin Energy Corp (WEC): WEC stock is up 1.1% today.
- Pinnacle West Capital Corp (PNW): PNW stock is up 1.1% today.
- Mdu Res Group Inc (MDU): MDU stock is up 1.1% today.
- Mge Energy Inc (MGEE): MGEE stock is up 1.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Companhia Paranaense De Energia (ELP): ELP stock is down 2.2% today.
- Cpfl Energia S.A. (CPL): CPL stock is down 1.4% today.
- Targa Resources (TRGP): TRGP stock is down 0.9% today.
- Covanta Holding Corp (CVA): CVA stock is down 0.5% today.
- Cleco Power Llc (CNL): CNL stock is down 0.2% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Enersis S A (ENI): ENI stock is down 0.2% today.
- Terraform Power Inc. (TERP): TERP stock is down 0.1% today.
- National Fuel Gas Company (NFG): NFG stock is down 0.1% today.
- Transalta Corp (TAC): TAC stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.