Energy stocks advanced 0.4% on Wall Street on Wednesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed the same, the Nasdaq stayed level and the S&P 500 was unchanged.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- FMC Technologies (FTI): FTI stock is up 5.9% today.
- Nustar Gp Holdings Llc (NSH): NSH stock is up 5.3% today.
- Ngl Energy Partners LP (NGL): NGL stock is up 3.1% today.
- Nabors Industries (NBR): NBR stock is up 3.4% today.
- Patterson-Uti Energy (PTEN): PTEN stock is up 2.7% today.
- RPC Inc (RES): RES stock is up 2.4% today.
- Encana Corp (ECA): ECA stock is up 2.7% today and up 20.4% in the last month.
- Precision Drilling Corp (PDS): PDS stock is up 2.4% today.
- Range Resources Corp (RRC): RRC stock is up 2.3% today.
- Baytex Energy Corp (BTE): BTE stock is up 2.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Totalfinaelf S.A. (TOT): TOT stock is down 1.2% today.
- Compagnie Generale De Gephysqu (CGG): CGG stock is down 0.9% today.
- Holly Energy Partners L.P. (HEP): HEP stock is down 0.9% today.
- Penn West Petroleum Ltd (PWE): PWE stock is down 0.9% today.
- Teekay Offshore Partners L.P. (TOO): TOO stock is down 0.8% today.
- Cnooc Limited (CEO): CEO stock is down 0.4% today.
- Transocean Inc (RIG): RIG stock is down 0.6% today.
- IHS Inc (IHS): IHS stock is down 0.5% today.
- Martin Midstream Partners L.P. (MMLP): MMLP stock is down 0.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.