Energy stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.7%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.5%, the Nasdaq was up 0.8% and the S&P 500 increased 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Williams Companies (WMB): WMB stock is up 6.4% today.
- Compagnie Generale De Gephysqu (CGG): CGG stock is up 4.9% today.
- McDermott International (MDR): MDR stock is up 3.1% today.
- Seadrill Limited (SDRL): SDRL stock is up 2.7% today.
- Crestwood Equity Partners LP (CEQP): CEQP stock is up 2.4% today.
- Advantage Oil & Gas Ltd (AAV): AAV stock is up 2.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Totalfinaelf S.A. (TOT): TOT stock is up 2.1% today.
- Teekay Offshore Partners L.P. (TOO): TOO stock is up 2.0% today.
- Statoil ASA (STO): STO stock is up 1.9% today.
- Yanzhou Coal Mining Company (YZC): YZC stock is up 1.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Encana Corp (ECA): ECA stock is down 1.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Synergy Resources Cp (SYRG): SYRG stock is down 1.5% today.
- Tidewater Inc (TDW): TDW stock is down 1.5% today.
- Southwestern Energy Company (SWN): SWN stock is down 1.4% today.
- Unit Corp (UNT): UNT stock is down 1.2% today.
- Interoil Corp (IOC): IOC stock is down 0.4% today.
- RPC Inc (RES): RES stock is down 0.8% today.
- China Petroleum & Chemical Corp (SNP): SNP stock is down 0.7% today.
- Consol Energy Inc (CNX): CNX stock is down 0.9% today.
- Eqt Corp (EQT): EQT stock is down 0.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.