Technology stocks finished up 1.9% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.9%, the Nasdaq rose 1.6% and the S&P 500 was up 0.9%.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- Avago Technologies (AVGO): AVGO stock is up 7.8% today and up 21.1% in the last month.
- Semtech Corp (SMTC): SMTC stock is up 5.4% today on 2 times normal volume.
- M/A-Com Technology Solutions Ho (MTSI): MTSI stock is up 5.2% today.
- Intersil Corp (ISIL): ISIL stock is up 5.1% today.
- Microsemi Corp (MSCC): MSCC stock is up 4.6% today.
- Power Integrations (POWI): POWI stock is up 4.4% today.
- On Semiconductor Corp (ON): ON stock is up 4.3% today.
- Synaptics Inc (SYNA): SYNA stock is up 4.1% today.
- Arm Holdings Plc (ARMH): ARMH stock is up 4.1% today.
- PMC (PMCS): PMCS stock is up 4.0% today on 2 times normal volume.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- Blackberry Limited (BBRY): BBRY stock is down 1.8% today.
- Cae Inc (CAE): CAE stock is down 1.0% today.
- Pitney Bowes Inc (PBI): PBI stock is down 1.0% today.
- Mellanox Technologies (MLNX): MLNX stock is down 0.8% today.
- Open Text Corp (OTEX): OTEX stock is down 0.7% today.
- CGI Group (GIB): GIB stock is down 0.5% today.
- Accelerate Diagnostics Inc (AXDX): AXDX stock is down 0.5% today.
- Brocade Communications Systems (BRCD): BRCD stock is down 0.5% today.
- Rackspace Hosting Inc (RAX): RAX stock is down 0.5% today.
- Energizer Holdings (ENR): ENR stock is down 0.4% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.