Technology stocks finished up 1.9% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.9%, the Nasdaq rose 1.6% and the S&P 500 was up 0.9%.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- Avago Technologies (AVGO): AVGO stock is up 7.8% today and up 21.1% in the last month.
- Semtech Corp (SMTC): SMTC stock is up 5.4% today on 2 times normal volume.
- M/A-Com Technology Solutions Ho (MTSI): MTSI stock is up 5.2% today.
- Intersil Corp (ISIL): ISIL stock is up 5.1% today.
- Microsemi Corp (MSCC): MSCC stock is up 4.6% today.
- Power Integrations (POWI): POWI stock is up 4.4% today.
- On Semiconductor Corp (ON): ON stock is up 4.3% today.
- Synaptics Inc (SYNA): SYNA stock is up 4.1% today.
- Arm Holdings Plc (ARMH): ARMH stock is up 4.1% today.
- PMC (PMCS): PMCS stock is up 4.0% today on 2 times normal volume.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- Blackberry Limited (BBRY): BBRY stock is down 1.8% today.
- Cae Inc (CAE): CAE stock is down 1.0% today.
- Pitney Bowes Inc (PBI): PBI stock is down 1.0% today.
- Mellanox Technologies (MLNX): MLNX stock is down 0.8% today.
- Open Text Corp (OTEX): OTEX stock is down 0.7% today.
- CGI Group (GIB): GIB stock is down 0.5% today.
- Accelerate Diagnostics Inc (AXDX): AXDX stock is down 0.5% today.
- Brocade Communications Systems (BRCD): BRCD stock is down 0.5% today.
- Rackspace Hosting Inc (RAX): RAX stock is down 0.5% today.
- Energizer Holdings (ENR): ENR stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.