Utilities stocks finished up 0.2% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed level, the Nasdaq was down 0.1% and the S&P 500 stayed the same.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Mdu Res Group Inc (MDU): MDU stock is up 1.1% today.
- Public Service Enterprise Group Inc (PEG): PEG stock is up 0.9% today.
- TCP Pipelines (TCP): TCP stock is up 0.9% today.
- NiSource Inc (NI): NI stock is up 0.8% today.
- Allete Inc (ALE): ALE stock is up 0.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Uil Holdings Corp (UIL): UIL stock is up 0.5% today.
- PNM Resources Inc (PNM): PNM stock is up 0.5% today.
- Firstenergy Corp (FE): FE stock is up 0.5% today.
- Itc Holdings (ITC): ITC stock is up 0.4% today.
- Exelon Corp (EXC): EXC stock is up 0.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Western Gas Partners LP (WES): WES stock is down 1.6% today.
- Cheniere Energy (LNG): LNG stock is down 1.5% today.
- Boardwalk Pipeline Partners L.P. (BWP): BWP stock is down 1.5% today.
- Enbridge Inc (ENB): ENB stock is down 1.5% today.
- Energy Transfer Partners (ETP): ETP stock is down 1.0% today.
- Oneok Partners L.P. (OKS): OKS stock is down 0.9% today.
- Cpfl Energia S.A. (CPL): CPL stock is down 0.8% today.
- Oge Energy Corp (OGE): OGE stock is down 0.7% today.
- Empresa Nacional De Electricidad S.A. (EOC): EOC stock is down 0.6% today.
- Comp En De Mn Cemig Ads (CIG): CIG stock is down 0.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.