Utilities stocks declined 0.5% on Wall Street on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.4%, the Nasdaq was down 0.7% and the S&P 500 fell 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Ormat Technologies (ORA): ORA stock is up 1.0% today.
- Mge Energy Inc (MGEE): MGEE stock is up 0.6% today.
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York (ED): ED stock is up 0.5% today.
- Public Service Enterprise Group Inc (PEG): PEG stock is up 0.4% today.
- Aqua America (WTR): WTR stock is up 0.3% today.
- Entergy Corp (ETR): ETR stock is up 0.3% today.
- Cleco Power Llc (CNL): CNL stock is up 0.2% today.
- Duke Energy Corp (DUK): DUK stock is up 0.2% today.
- WGL Holdings Inc (WGL): WGL stock is up 0.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Boardwalk Pipeline Partners L.P. (BWP): BWP stock is down 2.5% today.
- TCP Pipelines (TCP): TCP stock is down 2.0% today.
- Dynegy Inc (DYN): DYN stock is down 2.0% today.
- NRG Energy (NRG): NRG stock is down 2.1% today.
- Cpfl Energia S.A. (CPL): CPL stock is down 1.7% today.
- Williams Partners L.P. (WPZ): WPZ stock is down 1.9% today.
- Exelon Corp (EXC): EXC stock is down 1.7% today.
- Centerpoint Energy Inc (CNP): CNP stock is down 1.6% today.
- Itc Holdings (ITC): ITC stock is down 1.5% today.
- Northwest Natural Gas Company (NWN): NWN stock is down 1.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.