Basic materials stocks declined on Wall Street on Thursday, down 1.5%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.6%, the Nasdaq was down 0.4% and the S&P 500 fell 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Sasol Ltd (SSL): SSL stock is up 0.6% today.
- Valspar Corp (VAL): VAL stock is up 0.5% today.
- Graphic Packaging Holding Company (GPK): GPK stock is up 0.4% today.
- Arcelormittal (MT): MT stock is up 0.3% today.
- Ashland Inc (ASH): ASH stock is up 0.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Globe Specialty Metals Inc (GSM): GSM stock is down 4.4% today.
- Silver Wheaton Corp (SLW): SLW stock is down 3.6% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Royal Gold (RGLD): RGLD stock is down 3.6% today and down 21.7% in the last month.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is down 3.5% today and down 25.9% in the last month.
- Randgold Resources Limited (GOLD): GOLD stock is down 3.2% today.
- Goldcorp Inc (GG): GG stock is down 3.1% today and down 23.5% in the last month.
- Berry Plastics Group Inc (BERY): BERY stock is down 2.6% today.
- A. Schulman (SHLM): SHLM stock is down 2.5% today.
- Ferro Corp (FOE): FOE stock is down 2.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- PPG Industries (PPG): PPG stock is down 2.3% today on 3 times normal volume.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.