Utilities stocks finished down 0.5% on Wall Street on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 1.7%, the Nasdaq declined 1.7% and the S&P 500 fell 1.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Allete Inc (ALE): ALE stock is up 0.5% today.
- Dominion Resources (D): D stock is up 0.2% today.
- Pacific Gas & Electric Co. (PCG): PCG stock is up 0.1% today.
- Laclede Group (LG): LG stock is up 0.2% today.
- American States Water Company (AWR): AWR stock is up 0.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Spectra Energy Partners LP (SEP): SEP stock is down 2.5% today on 9 times normal volume.
- Williams Partners L.P. (WPZ): WPZ stock is down 2.4% today.
- Mdu Res Group Inc (MDU): MDU stock is down 2.6% today.
- Cpfl Energia S.A. (CPL): CPL stock is down 2.5% today.
- Western Gas Partners LP (WES): WES stock is down 2.4% today.
- Oneok Partners L.P. (OKS): OKS stock is down 2.1% today.
- Spectra Energy Corp (SE): SE stock is down 2.2% today.
- Centerpoint Energy Inc (CNP): CNP stock is down 1.9% today.
- Covanta Holding Corp (CVA): CVA stock is down 1.8% today.
- Enterprise Products Partners L.P. (EPD): EPD stock is down 1.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.