Utilities stocks finished up 0.4% on Wall Street on Monday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.1%, the Nasdaq was down 0.2% and the S&P 500 declined 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Piedmont Natural Gas Company (PNY): PNY stock is up 1.0% today.
- Uil Holdings Corp (UIL): UIL stock is up 0.9% today.
- Dcp Midstream Partners LP (DPM): DPM stock is up 1.0% today.
- Great Plains Energy Inc (GXP): GXP stock is up 0.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- One Gas Inc. (OGS): OGS stock is up 0.7% today.
- Northwestern Corp (NWE): NWE stock is up 0.8% today.
- Mge Energy Inc (MGEE): MGEE stock is up 0.6% today.
- American Electric Power Company (AEP): AEP stock is up 0.6%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Ormat Technologies (ORA): ORA stock is up 0.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Cheniere Energy (LNG): LNG stock is down 2.6% today.
- Transalta Corp (TAC): TAC stock is down 2.1% today.
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is down 1.6% today.
- Energy Transfer Partners (ETP): ETP stock is down 1.3% today.
- Kinder Morgan (KMI): KMI stock is down 1.4% today.
- National Fuel Gas Company (NFG): NFG stock is down 1.1% today.
- Energy Transfer Equity LP (ETE): ETE stock is down 1.2% today.
- Enterprise Products Partners L.P. (EPD): EPD stock is down 1.1% today.
- Brookfield Infrastructure Partners LP (BIP): BIP stock is down 1.1% today.
- Williams Partners L.P. (WPZ): WPZ stock is down 0.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.