Utilities stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street on Tuesday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.0%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.3%, the Nasdaq fell 1.1% and the S&P 500 declined 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Terraform Power Inc. (TERP): TERP stock is up 3.8% today.
- Duke Energy Corp (DUK): DUK stock is up 1.9% today.
- Southern Company (SO): SO stock is up 2.0% today.
- Uil Holdings Corp (UIL): UIL stock is up 3.2% today.
- Wisconsin Energy Corp (WEC): WEC stock is up 1.4% today.
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York (ED): ED stock is up 1.5% today.
- Idacorp Inc (IDA): IDA stock is up 1.4% today.
- PNM Resources Inc (PNM): PNM stock is up 1.2% today.
- Ameren Corp (AEE): AEE stock is up 1.6% today.
- Mge Energy Inc (MGEE): MGEE stock is up 1.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Huaneng Power Intl (HNP): HNP stock is down 3.8% today.
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is down 4.3% today.
- Comp En De Mn Cemig Ads (CIG): CIG stock is down 2.4% today.
- Companhia Paranaense De Energia (ELP): ELP stock is down 2.7% today.
- Cia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado (SBS): SBS stock is down 2.9% today.
- Transalta Corp (TAC): TAC stock is down 1.6% today.
- Empresa Nacional De Electricidad S.A. (EOC): EOC stock is down 2.4% today.
- Dcp Midstream Partners LP (DPM): DPM stock is down 2.7% today.
- Enbridge Inc (ENB): ENB stock is down 1.6% today.
- Enersis S A (ENI): ENI stock is down 2.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.