Utilities stocks declined broadly on Wall Street so far on Wednesday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed level, the Nasdaq was up 0.4% and the S&P 500 stayed consistent.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Energy Transfer Partners (ETP): ETP stock is up 1.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Boardwalk Pipeline Partners L.P. (BWP): BWP stock is up 1.0% today.
- National Grid Transco Plc (NGG): NGG stock is up 0.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Kinder Morgan (KMI): KMI stock is up 0.2% today.
- Calpine Corp (CPN): CPN stock is up 0.3% today.
- Covanta Holding Corp (CVA): CVA stock is up 0.1% today.
- Western Gas Partners LP (WES): WES stock is up 0.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Crestwood Midstream Partners LP (CMLP): CMLP stock is down 2.1% today.
- Uil Holdings Corp (UIL): UIL stock is down 1.6% today.
- TCP Pipelines (TCP): TCP stock is down 1.7% today.
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is down 1.6% today.
- Exterran Partners L.P. (EXLP): EXLP stock is down 1.5% today.
- Black Hills Corp (BKH): BKH stock is down 0.9% today.
- Comp En De Mn Cemig Ads (CIG): CIG stock is down 1.4% today.
- Spectra Energy Corp (SE): SE stock is down 1.1% today.
- Mdu Res Group Inc (MDU): MDU stock is down 1.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.