Utilities stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street so far on Wednesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 1.3%, the Nasdaq increased 1.6% and the S&P 500 rose 1.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is up 6.7% today.
- Cia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado (SBS): SBS stock is up 6.0% today.
- Comp En De Mn Cemig Ads (CIG): CIG stock is up 5.4% today.
- Cpfl Energia S.A. (CPL): CPL stock is up 4.6% today.
- Energy Transfer Equity LP (ETE): ETE stock is up 4.2% today.
- Companhia Paranaense De Energia (ELP): ELP stock is up 3.5% today.
- Enterprise Products Partners L.P. (EPD): EPD stock is up 3.1% today.
- Western Gas Partners LP (WES): WES stock is up 3.1% today.
- Dcp Midstream Partners LP (DPM): DPM stock is up 2.9% today.
- Transalta Corp (TAC): TAC stock is up 3.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Itc Holdings (ITC): ITC stock is down 1.5% today.
- Terraform Power Inc (TERP): TERP stock is down 1.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Northwestern Corp (NWE): NWE stock is down 0.8% today.
- Mge Energy Inc (MGEE): MGEE stock is down 0.6% today.
- Uil Holdings Corp (UIL): UIL stock is down 0.3% today.
- Vectren Corp (VVC): VVC stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.