Utilities stocks declined broadly on Wall Street on Friday morning, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.3%, the Nasdaq fell 0.4% and the S&P 500 declined 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Companhia Paranaense De Energia (ELP): ELP stock is up 1.7% today.
- Huaneng Power Intl (HNP): HNP stock is up 1.3% today.
- Cia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado (SBS): SBS stock is up 0.5% today.
- Dynegy Inc (DYN): DYN stock is up 0.6% today.
- Calpine Corp (CPN): CPN stock is up 0.3% today.
- Brookfield Infrastructure Partners LP (BIP): BIP stock is up 0.2% today.
- Ameren Corp (AEE): AEE stock is up 0.3% today.
- Pacific Gas & Electric Co (PCG): PCG stock is up 0.1% today.
- Agl Resources (GAS): GAS stock is up 0.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Crestwood Midstream Partners LP (CMLP): CMLP stock is down 4.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Enlink Midstream Partners LP (ENLK): ENLK stock is down 3.1% today.
- Enterprise Products Partners L.P. (EPD): EPD stock is down 2.3% today.
- Exterran Partners L.P. (EXLP): EXLP stock is down 2.2% today.
- Enbridge Inc (ENB): ENB stock is down 2.1% today.
- Cheniere Energy Partners LP (CQP): CQP stock is down 2.0%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Boardwalk Pipeline Partners L.P. (BWP): BWP stock is down 1.9% today.
- Dcp Midstream Partners LP (DPM): DPM stock is down 2.0% today.
- Targa Resources (TRGP): TRGP stock is down 2.2% today.
- Energy Transfer Partners (ETP): ETP stock is down 1.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.