Utilities stocks declined on Wall Street so far on Wednesday, down 0.5%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.7%, the Nasdaq rose 0.9% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.7% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Dcp Midstream Partners LP (DPM): DPM stock is up 12.6% today.
- Cia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado (SBS): SBS stock is up 4.6% today.
- Cpfl Energia S.A. (CPL): CPL stock is up 3.4% today.
- Companhia Paranaense De Energia (ELP): ELP stock is up 3.3% today.
- Korea Electric Power Corp (KEP): KEP stock is up 2.9% today.
- Huaneng Power Intl (HNP): HNP stock is up 2.4% today.
- Dynegy Inc (DYN): DYN stock is up 2.7% today.
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is up 2.4% today.
- Crestwood Midstream Partners LP (CMLP): CMLP stock is up 2.4% today.
- Targa Resources (TRGP): TRGP stock is up 1.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Cheniere Energy (LNG): LNG stock is down 3.5% today.
- Spectra Energy Partners LP (SEP): SEP stock is down 3.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Cheniere Energy Partners LP (CQP): CQP stock is down 2.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- El Paso Electric Company (EE): EE stock is down 1.0% today.
- Laclede Group (LG): LG stock is down 0.9% today.
- Spectra Energy Corp (SE): SE stock is down 0.9% today.
- Portland General Electric Company (POR): POR stock is down 0.7% today.
- Xcel Energy Inc (XEL): XEL stock is down 0.6% today.
- Pacific Gas & Electric Co (PCG): PCG stock is down 0.6% today.
- Dte Energy Company (DTE): DTE stock is down 0.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.