Crocs, Inc.’s (NASDAQ:CROX) “ugly shoe” showed up during Paris Fashion Week thanks to Balenciaga.
Several models wearing Balenciaga designs took to the runway on Sunday while wearings special pairs of Crocs. Those shoes that the model wore had the same basic design as a normal pair of the shoes, but they were in platform style.
The platform on the Balenciaga Crocs was 10 cm in size, which is much larger than a typical pair of the shoes. They were also covered in logo charms from the fashion house. The designer behind these shoes is Denma Gavasalia.
“It’s a very innovative shoe,” Gavasalia told Mirror.co.uk. “It’s light, it’s a one-piece foam mould and to me these kind of techniques and working with these kind of materials is very Balenciaga.”
The price of the Balenciaga Crocs are still unknown, but they will likely carry a price tag that is over $250. In comparison, a normal pair of the shoe are about $30. It’s also unknown who exactly would buy and wear the shoes.
- “While everyone was busy worrying about climate change and being nuked, someone made platform crocs. This imminent threat needs to be stopped.”
- “Attention fashion designers: can you please include steel toe crocs in your next collection please and thank U.”
- “Balenciaga has taken Crocs to another level of horrendousness. Im disgusted.”
- “balenciaga out here making platform crocs bih im here and alive for this.”
- “Rich people always taking a poor man ideas turning it into something stupid & overpriced.”
As of this writing, William White did not hold a position in any of the aforementioned securities.