JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE:JPM) has released its earnings report for the third quarter of 2017.
Here are the highlights from JPMorgan Chase & Co.’s most recent earnings report.
- The financial company reported earnings per share of $1.76 on revenue of $26.20 billion.
- This blew past Wall Street’s expectations of $1.65 for earnings per share of $25.23 billion for revenue.
- JPM reported earnings per share of $1.58 on revenue of $25.51 billion in the same period of the year prior.
- Net income reported in the third quarter of the year was $6.72 billion, which is up 7% from the $6.29 in the third quarter of 2016.
- JPMorgan Chase & Co.’s Corporate and Investment Bank (CIB) reported that revenue dropped 9% to $8.59 billion.
- CIB banking revenue for the quarter was up by 5%, but markets revenue was down by 21%.
- CIB net income for the quarter was $2.55 billion, which is down 13% from the same time last year.
- JPMorgan Chase & Co. saw Commercial Banking (CB) revenue increase 15% to $2.1 billion.
- CB net income was up 13% to $881 million.
- JPM returned $6.5 billion to shareholders in the third quarter of the year.
- This includes$4.5 billion of net repurchases.
- The company also handed out a dividend of 56 cents per share to investors in C stock during the quarter.
You can follow this link to learn more about JPMorgan Chase & Co.’s earnings report for the third quarter of the year.
JPM was up when markets opened on Thursday, but started to fall shortly after this. The stock was down slightly as of noon Thursday, but is up 11% year-to-date.
As of this writing, William White did not hold a position in any of the aforementioned securities.