Hain Celestial Group Inc (NASDAQ:HAIN) released its earnings report for its fiscal first quarter of 2018 on Tuesday.
Here are a few things to know about Hain Celestial Group Inc’s fiscal first quarter of 2018.
- Revenue for the quarter was up 4% to $708.28 million.
- Revenue from the U.S. was up 4% and U.K. revenue was up 1%.
- Wall Street was expecting HAIN to report revenue of $698.33 million for the quarter.
- Earnings per share reported in the fiscal first quarter of the year was 23 cents.
- Earnings per share reported in the same period of the year prior was 14 cents.
- Analysts were looking for the organic food company to report earnings per share of 24 cents for the quarter.
- Operating income reported in the quarter was $31.48 million.
- The company’s operating income from the fiscal first quarter of 2017 was $13.75 million.
- Hain Celestial Group Inc reported a net income of $19.85 million for its fiscal first quarter of 2018.
- This is an increase over its net income of $8.60 million from the same time last year.
Hain Celestial Group Inc also provided its guidance for the fiscal full year of 2018 in its most recent earnings report. The company says that it is expecting earnings per share for the year to range from $1.63 to $1.80. Wall Street is expecting earnings per share of $1.66 for the period.
Hain Celestial Group Inc is expecting revenue for its fiscal full year of 2018 to come in between $2.967 billion to $3.036 billion. Analysts are looking for revenue of $2.98 billion for fiscal 2018.
HAIN stock was up 1% as of Tuesday afternoon, but is down 10% year-to-date.
As of this writing, William White did not hold a position in any of the aforementioned securities.