CrowdStrike (NASDAQ:CRWD) stock is garnering the interest of investors Tuesday morning as it prepares to join the Nasdaq 100.
CrowdStrike will join the Nasdaq 100 Index, the Nasdaq 100 Equal Weighted Index, as well as the Nasdaq 100 Technology Index before markets open on Thursday. This will have it replacing Maxim Integrated Products (NASDAQ:MXIM), which is combining with Analog Devices (NASDAQ:ADI).
With extra eyes on CRWD stock, let’s take a look at what traders need to know about the company below.
- First off, we’ve got to mention that CrowdStrike is a cybersecurity company.
- It serves customers with various levels of protection to protect them from malicious hackers.
- The company has been recognized as a leader in modern endpoint security by Gartner, Forrester, and IDC.
- CrowdStrike has a large number of customers with more than 11,000 businesses making use of its services.
- A few examples of these include Sony (NYSE:SNE), Sega, Shutterstock (NYSE:SSTK), The Pokemon Company International, as well as The City of San Diego.
- George Kurtz leads CrowdStrike as its co-founder, president and CEO.
- He was more than 28 years of experience in the cybersecurity field with his previous work including roles at McAfee (NASDAQ:MCFE).
- CRWD stock is seeing heavy trading this morning with some 4 million shares changing hands.
- That’s already above the company’s daily average trading volume of about 3.3 million shares.
CRWD stock was up 7% as of Tuesday morning and is up 31% since the start of the year.
There’s plenty more stock market news that investors will want to learn about below!
We offer daily coverage of the stock market here at InvestorPlace and today is no different. A few stories to consider checking out include our pre-market stock movers, what happened to the stock market yesterday, as well as fuel cell stocks getting a boost. You can learn all about these topics at the following links!
More Tuesday Stock Market News
- Today’s Biggest Pre-Market Stock Movers: 10 Top Gainers and Losers on Tuesday
- What Did the Stock Market Do Today, Aug. 23? 3 Big Stories to Catch Up On.
- Fuel Cell Stocks: Why BLDP, PLUG, FCEL Stocks Are Getting Green Today
On the date of publication, William White did not have (either directly or indirectly) any positions in the securities mentioned in this article. The opinions expressed in this article are those of the writer, subject to the InvestorPlace.com Publishing Guidelines.