Space stocks are taking off on Thursday and it’s all thanks to Elon Musk’s SpaceX reaching a major milestone.
SpaceX successfully launched an all-civilian crew into space today via its Inspiration4 mission. The four crew members of this mission include a billionaire tech entrepreneur, a geoscientist, a physician assistant, as well as a data engineer.
The crew of the ship is riding in a previously-used Crew Dragon capsule and we’re launched by a Falcon 9 into space. They will orbit the planet for three days, which will have them landing in the Atlantic Ocean on Sept. 18.
This flight is a major move forward for space companies and their stocks. Many of them are racing to offer commercial flights to space and Musk’s company just took one giant leap forward in showing how it can be done.
Let’s see how space stocks are reacting to the news below!
Space Stocks Getting a Boost Today
- Spire Global (NYSE:SPIR) stock starts us off with shares soaring more than 18% higher on Thursday afternoon.
- Astra Space (NASDAQ:ASTR) stock is up next as its shares rise over 3% as of this writing.
- Momentus (NASDAQ:MNTS) stock joins in the on space stocks rally with shares up some 4% right now.
- Redwire (NYSE:RDW) stock is seeing a smaller increase with its shares gaining more than 2%.
- Virgin Galactic (NYSE:SPCE) stock closes us out as the company’s shares jump over 2% this afternoon.
Of course, there’s more than just space stocks to consider today!
Plenty of other companies are also in the news and their shares are on the move as well. A few examples to consider checking in on include Luokung Technology (NASDAQ:LKCO), Leap Therapeutics (NASDAQ:LPTX), and The Metals Company (NASDAQ:TMC) shares. You can learn all about these stocks at the following links!
More Stock Market News for Thursday
- LKCO, MSFT: The Big Autonomous Driving News Revving Up Luokung Technology Stock Today
- LPTX Stock: What Leap Therapeutics Investors Are Clicking Their Heels About Today
- TMC Stock Soars as Buzz Grows About The Metals Company. What Investors Are Saying Today.
On the date of publication, William White did not have (either directly or indirectly) any positions in the securities mentioned in this article. The opinions expressed in this article are those of the writer, subject to the InvestorPlace.com Publishing Guidelines.