Let’s jump into that news below!
- The deal has Mastercard offering its network to users of Bakkt Holdings’ crypto exchange and wallets.
- With this partnership, holders of crypto will be able to make use of them as part of everyday life.
- That includes the ability to buy and purchase goods and services with their digital assets.
- To go along with that, it also allows retailers and such to accept those payments through Mastercard.
- This will be possible thanks to Mastercard issuing crypto debit and credit cards.
- In addition to that, MA also notes that it’s working on a loyalty program for crypto holders.
- The Mastercard crypto news today comes shortly after Bakkt Holdings went public.
- Shares of BKKT stock only just started trading on the New York Stock Exchange on Oct. 18.
- The agreement between the two companies opens the way for more customers to get into the crypto game.
- That includes Millenials, of which 75% said they would use crypto if they understood it better.
Sherri Haymond, executive vice president of Digital Partnerships at Mastercard, said this about today’s crypto news.
“Together with Bakkt and grounded by our principled approach to innovation, we’ll not only empower our partners to offer a dynamic mix of digital assets options, but also deliver differentiated and relevant consumer experiences.”
MA stock was up slightly and BKKT stock was up 77.4% as of Monday morning. BKKT stock is also seeing heavy trading with 82 million shares on the move, as compared to its daily average of 2.9 million shares.
Crypto traders can find more news from today below!
InvestorPlace tracks the hottest crypto news daily to keep traders informed. For today, that includes Shiba Inu (CCC:SHIB-USD) reaching a new all-time high, as well as price predictions for it, and recent news concerning Floki Inu (CCC:FLOKI-USD). You can get all those details from the following links!
More Crypto Market News for Monday
- Shiba Inu Investors Are Skating On Thin Ice At All Times
- Shiba Inu Price Predictions: Where Will Musk Take the No. 13 SHIB Crypto?
- Floki Inu Meets Fiat: 7 Things to Know About the Guardarian News Driving FLOKI Hype
On the date of publication, William White did not have (either directly or indirectly) any positions in the securities mentioned in this article. The opinions expressed in this article are those of the writer, subject to the InvestorPlace.com Publishing Guidelines.