Carnival (NYSE:CCL) stock is sailing higher on Tuesday and there’s several reasons why that investors need to know about.
Let’s dive into all the news boosting CCL stock higher today below!
- To start with, the company signed a deal with Jabil (NYSE:JBL).
- This has them launching an apparel line together.
- They’re highlighting it as the “first Experience Internet of Things consumer wearables manufacturing and fulfillment location in the Florida/Caribbean region.”
- Next up is AIDA Cruises, a subsidiary of Carnival, getting its new AIDAcosma cruise ship.
- This is a liquefied natural gas ship and the second new one among the company’s fleet.
- Customers can start signing up for cruises on the ship now.
- Another positive from Carnival today are plans to return to profitability.
- Arnold Donald, president and CEO, said as much during a Q4 conference call.
- According to him, CCL should start posting a profit again during the second half of 2022.
- This comes alongside news that Carnival expects Covid-19 Omicron fears to fade fast.
- Even so, the company is introducing new restrictions to its ships.
- That includes requiring masks indoors, as well as banning smoking in its casinos.
- It only plans to keep these new regulations in place through January.
- CCL stock is seeing heavy trading on today’s positive news.
- That has more than 45 million shares changing hands as of this writing.
- That’s above the company’s daily average trading volume of about 38.3 million shares.
CCL stock is up 8.6% as of Tuesday afternoon.
Investors on the lookout for the latest stock stories are in the right place!
We’ve got all the most recent news that traders need to know about for Tuesday. That includes what’s happening with Citrix Systems (NASDAQ:CTXS), Aridis Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:ARDS), and Nikola (NASDAQ:NKLA) shares today. You can get all of that info from the links below!
More Tuesday Stock Market News
- CTXS Stock: 6 Things to Know About the Joint Bid for Citrix Systems
- ARDS Stock Alert: The Covid-19 News Sending Aridis Skyrocketing Today
- NKLA Stock: There’s a $125 Million Reason Nikola Is in the Spotlight Today
On the date of publication, William White did not have (either directly or indirectly) any positions in the securities mentioned in this article. The opinions expressed in this article are those of the writer, subject to the InvestorPlace.com Publishing Guidelines.