We’re going to see the results from the Federal Reserve’s Federal Open Market Committee meeting today and there’s a few things investors are expecting.
Let’s jump into that below, as well as offer some other details to help traders out.
- First off, note that the Fed meeting started Tuesday and is expected to reach a close today.
- This has the group planning to release the results from its meeting at 2:00 p.m. Eastern Time today.
- Following this, U.S. Federal Reserve Board Chairman Jerome Powell will brief the media following this release.
- One thing that investors are expecting is an increase in interest rates.
- Current estimates place that increase as happening in March.
- That’s part of the Fed’s efforts to curb rising inflation.
- There’s expectations for a total of four interest rate increases throughout the year.
- Investors will also likely see the Fed end its easy policies during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- The organization put those policies in place to keep the economy from crashing during the pandemic.
- However, with things starting to bounce back, it looks like those policies will come to an end.
- That includes a bond purchase program that has already been slowing down.
- It’s also likely that the Fed will announce that employment is close to or near full.
- That’s based on the Central Bank’s expectations for the job market.
Investors will want to keep an eye out for more news from the Fed when it released results from its FOMC meeting later today.
There’s more stock market news for investors to jump into below!
InvestorPlace has all the latest stock coverage that traders need for Monday. Among that is what’s happening with shares of Vinco Ventures (NASDAQ:BBIG) stock, Gatos Silver (NYSE:GATO) stock, and AMC Entertainment (NYSE:AMC) stock. You can get all of those details from the following links!
More Stock Market News for Wednesday
- BBIG Stock News: 8 Big Takeaways From the Latest Cryptyde Spinoff Filing
- Gatos Silver News: Why GATO Stock Is Getting Slammed Today
- AMC Stock Alert: The Debt Restructuring Rumors Pressuring AMC Today
On the date of publication, William White did not have (either directly or indirectly) any positions in the securities mentioned in this article. The opinions expressed in this article are those of the writer, subject to the InvestorPlace.com Publishing Guidelines.