Stocktwits is in the news today as the social media website launches a crypto trading platform.
Let’s take a look at what that means for crypto traders using Stocktwits below!
- Stocktwits notes that this crypto option is the first trading feature it’s added to its social media platform.
- With it, users will be able to execute crypto trades natively without having to leave the website.
- While Stocktwits started out hosting conversations about stocks, the company notes an increase in crypto talk on its platform.
- It notes that crypto adoption in 2021 surged some 880%, which shows the rising interest in the digital assets.
- Stocktwits points out that it has some 6 million registered users and reaches more than 5 million users on a monthly basis.
- So how is Stocktwits going about adding crypto trading to its platform?
- The social media company is teaming up with FTX US.
- This is a cryptocurrency exchange based out of New York that was valued at $8 billion in a round of funding in January.
Rishi Khanna, CEO of Stocktwits, said the following about the crypto news.
“Stocktwits has built an active community since 2008 through our data tools and social features. The community and data have served as a strong on-ramp into the platform, but the addition of execution on the platform is a key product expansion that will help us to better serve our users.”
Crypto traders looking for more news on Thursday are in the right place!
We’ve got all the most recent crypto news that investors need to know about for today! A few examples include an update on the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) crypto tax lawsuit, Loopring (CCC:LRC-USD) teaming up with GameStop (NYSE:GME), as well as details on Immutable X (CCC:IMX-USD). You can find all of this info at the following links!
More Crypto News for Thursday
- IRS Crypto Tax Lawsuit Sets a Precedent for Incoming Crypto Policy
- LRC Crypto: Loopring Down, But Not Out After GameStop Announcement
- Immutable X: What to Know About the IMX Crypto After Bombshell GameStop Announcement
On the date of publication, William White did not have (either directly or indirectly) any positions in the securities mentioned in this article. The opinions expressed in this article are those of the writer, subject to the InvestorPlace.com Publishing Guidelines.